Friday, October 9, 2009

Reply To Anonymous


Anonymous said:
Hi Dr Jason, I am 3 1/2 months pregnant now with my first child. I had a miscarriage beginning of the year. Is it ok for me to go for massage? Must it be those pre natal massages only? Can I go for thai massage but only on shoulder area as I feel my neck and shoulders are very tense. I read that aromatherapy oil shouldnt be used. Is it true?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi! Anonymous,

Congratulation for your new pregnancy. Apparently your pregnancy is more than 3 months now. The chance of miscarriage after 3 months is very low. I believe this pregnancy is going to be fine and hopefully you will deliver a healthy and chabby baby.

Massage in pregnancy is safe as far as your tummy is not involved. General massage or even Thai Style massage not involving your tummy is acceptable. Shoulder ,neck and back massage is safe.

Don’t worry, if you really keen to relax the muscle by using the massage method, you can do so.

There is no medical evidence to prove that aromatherapy oil is harmful to your baby.

But if you want to be extra careful, you can choose powder massage.

No comments: